Question
Posted by: Worried | 2008/05/27

New relationship

Recently, I have started seeing this guy, we both like each other but its not exactly love. He did indicate to me that he is worried that at the moment he does not love me, but only likes me, but I feel the same, Is it possible that two people that like each other can start to love each other after seeing each other for a while and getting to know each other?

Also he indicated that he had a bad breakup the last time, could it be that too that is making him scared to feel again?

Can't you both enjoy being in like ? Does it have to be love ? Undoubtedly a couple who start in like can come to love each other ; or they may fall out of like. What's your hurry ?

4
Posted by: worried | 2008/05/27

Thanks for all the comments

Turns out he couldn't make up his mind if he wants this or not, he has too many issues, so we decided to be just friends... i was willing to give the like a chance... he wants something else i guess...

Reply to worried
Posted by: butterfly | 2008/05/27

He is being honest by letting you know he only "likes you" so thats a good start. Eventually I believe it will become love. Give it time.

Reply to butterfly
Posted by: ps | 2008/05/27

Hi Worried. So he only likes you after how many months/weeks? I think that is a good start.... After a year, if he still doesnt say he loves you, it could be a problem. Sometimes relationships that start off more slowly on a friendship basis instead of sparks and fireworks, work in the long run. Keep positive!

Reply to ps
Posted by: almost mad | 2008/05/27

well sounds like a normal relationship. first you like the person, then you fall in love. thats how it usually goes. why u wanna rush things. do you feel chemistry at least? or is it that you not feeling much more than like?

Reply to almost mad