Question
Posted by: Anonymous | 2009/07/13

New puppies aggressive

Hi there, I have 2 Siberian Husky puppies from different litters, a male and a female. They don' t seem to get along at all and I have to keep them seperate to prevent them fighting. Is there anything I can do to help them get along better? The male is 2 weeks older than the female.

Dear Anon

Mix with other puppies at a local training class.

3
Posted by: Anonymous | 2009/07/21

6 weeks old. dewormed on 5 weeks. eat puppy food - have worms again. is it the food

Posted by: Anonymous | 2009/07/21

Posted by: WR | 2009/07/13

This is usually the ccase with young dogs of (nearly) the same age...
Let them sort it out for themselves... if you start interfering now you' ll only make it worse.
What you can ddo to aid in establishing a hierarchy:
If they fight in fornt of you, discipline both with a quick shake to the skin of the neck - make sure you use the word " NO!"  or " NEE!"  - and say it as if you' re angry.
Treat the male as the dominant one - always say hello to him first - he will probably (most likely) be the dominant one of the two anyway one day - and by treating him as such you will just confirm this earlier.

Reply to WR