Posted by: Moi | 2009-10-01

New Pregnancy

I am pregant in my first trimester with my second child. My first child was a caesar baby due to failed induction after membrane rupture. Baby was in distress.
I want a VBAC this time round but it is still early and I am not getting to excited about it. I have been reading up on the net regarding VBAC deliveries and I am quite worried about uterine rupture and not only during the delivery. I am worried that towards the end of my pregancy will day to day activities put stress on my uterus?
If I go caesar route and I go into labour before the date how long do I have before it becomes an emergency? If my waters break before the caesar will this cause complications?

Another question:

What causes the membranes to rupture if real labour is not present and the cervix is still hard and not dilated? Can you do anything to stop the waters breaking before labour?

Day to day activities will not put stress on your uterus. It is contractions which cause the problem. If you go into labour before the sceduled caesarean date, you have a few hours to get to the hospital. If your waters break and you are not in labour, you will have a caesarean.
You cannot prevent the waters from breaking. The commonest reason is an underlying subclinical infection.