Question
Posted by: lisa | 2010/10/26

new piercing

hi doctor

please advise if i can use bausch and lomb saline plus solution to use for my new piercing? it contains boric acid, sodium borate, potassium chloride and sodium chloride, and the preservatives are polyaminopropylbiguanide and disodium edetate.

thanks
lisa

Hallo Lisa
No, you need to clean new piercings with surgical alcohol
dr Bets

4
Posted by: Susan | 2010/10/27

You cannot use surgical spirits on facial piercings and saline solution (mild salty water) is definitely the best.

Reply to Susan
Posted by: Gail | 2010/10/26

Yes salt water is the best for piercings.

Reply to Gail
Posted by: sammy | 2010/10/26

hey lisa

for all of my piercings i used plain salt water and never got infections or had any problems with the heaking process. You can use a mild anti bacterial soap at bath time and saltwater to clean it you should be cool.

sammy

Reply to sammy
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/10/26

Hallo Lisa
dr Bets