Posted by: OZ | 2009-05-04

New Neighbour' s cat

We live in a secure complex and recently new neighbours moved in with their cat.

My boy of 3 years, Oz, keeps on fighting with the new neighbour’ s cat.

I am at my wits end  I have recently found Oz in the neighbour’ s yard fighting with their cat.

He is however very loveable towards our other neighbours cats (female, spayed).

General info that might help:

& #61607  We had him spayed when he was six months old.
& #61607  He grew up with another male that we had to put down a few months ago (the two of them lived in harmony)
& #61607  He is not the only pet, we also have a dog

It seems as if he has become more territorial after we had our old cat put down. Also the neighbour’ s moved in with their cat before we had our old man put down.

What can we do to stop the fighting?

Dear OZ

Firstly a Feliway diffuser indoors that will reduce stress and the cat spend more time indoors. Chatting to your neigbour re different times of day that you let your cats out.

Consider a petsafe cat containment system to keep your cat in a demarkated area (ie your garden) or even a CatStop to keep the cats apart.