Question
Posted by: lucille | 2010-09-16

New mom

Last year i gave birth to twins (girls) they are now 1 year 5 months. I love them so much and much like any mother i am trying to protect them and be there for them, I am a working mom during the day they are with my mom my main problem is whenever i read the news i get worried about whats happening out there how people abuse children and how others are left without taken care of, I even hate reading the news because the is no way you wont find bad news about children , I know my mom is responsible and taking good care of them but sometimes i feel like going home and take care of them myself , I am even afraid that they are growing they will have to go to day care and i wonder am i really PARANOID about this life.

There are indeed people who abuse children, just as their are people who abuse dogs and cats - people who take advantage of the vulnerability of others. But its not LIKELY in a situation such as yours - do you have any specific reason to worry that your mother might be anything lesa than loving with regard to your children ?
If you insisted on doing all the caring for them yourself, in person - you would have to give up your job, and wouldn't that be bad for them ?
Maybe it'd be a good idea to see a counsellor and work on getting these concerns into proper proportion

1