Posted by: Tbg | 2008-12-03

New job and pregnant

Good day,

I need advise, here`s my scenario: I just got a new job( today it`s my 3rd day-still on training) and I`m 5 going to 6 months pregnant. On my first day I signed an employment contract. My problem is I did not disclose my condition to my new employer during interviews and signing of the contract. I`m worried that if I tell they will terminate my contract right away as it`s still soon- or should I wait for the right time which I don`t know when it will new job is less stressful and am certain that it won`t have a negative impact on me and the baby. I`ve only told 1 person whom I feel comfortable with here at work. Please assist......

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

Re: New Job and Pregnant

You cannot be dismissed for being pregnant, it is recommended that you explain that to them.

Posted by: Tbg | 2008-12-08

Thanks for your feedback, the truth of the matter is the person who interviewed me made it clear that " she would not hv hired me, if only she know abt my condition" . Anyways I

Reply to Tbg
Posted by: L | 2008-12-03

Been there, done that. Me I told them after a week of getting a job and they were of course not impressed.

Its been 3 years with them and they are still treating me like shit.

The truth is you need to tell them as soon as today as you cant hide ur stomach 4ever. Please have a good reason why u never disclose that fact during ur interview ie u may say u never thought it was relevant as u dont think it has to do with u being competent.

They won' t fire u as the law protects u, but they may not trust u and possibly discriminate against u. Its up to u if u can live with that.

All the best

Reply to L