Question
Posted by: LN | 2011/12/14

New diet pill Qnexa

Dear DietDoc

Refer to article on Health 24 relating to Qnexa

My comment is not about Qnexa itself, but about the trial itself and subsequent findings

I refer to above report in relation to an earlier exchange of views regarding your article on " Farewell to Hoodia.."  (Q 312)
My concern then was about your interpretation of the trial results (&  possible sinister motives):

In comparison, for Qnexa vs Hoodia (both diet pills)

n= 449 vs 25
t= 1yr vs 15 days!!!

I rest my case (refer Q312)

Ps: I have noticed many deliberate manipulations of trials over the years esp against products/treatments of natural origin.
Too many to mention

Dear LN
I must point out that I did not write any of the Qnexa articles. Health24.com uses a variety of authors and sources. A Search with 'Qnexa' led me to an article published today on another part of the Health24.com site, namely the 'Medications/Medicines: News' section, which I notice was obtained directly from Reuters Health. I would suggest that you discuss this matter with the relevant persons in charge of this section of the site and/or Reuters News Agency. The DietDoc article listed below the Qnexa article deals with both prescription and over-the-counter slimming pills, their potential side-effects and efficacy. I am personally opposed to any slimming pill that can harm patients no matter if they are of pharmaceutical or herbal origin.
Best regards.

1

Dear LN
Best regards.