Question
Posted by: Janine | 2011/06/07

new contract?

I work for a big Corporation, and under this company they created another smaller Business that does other work for this Corporation as well as for another Company - The big Corporation and the smaller Business they created each trade under different names.
I worked within 3 departments for the big Corporation, and eventually started a new (completely different) position at the smaller Business. My job title changed, my salary changed, my job decription and responsibilities changed, just about everything changed. I was not issued with a new contract, becuase according to them I still fall under my original contract that I signed the first day I started working there.

Is this correct? Isn''t a new contract required if I move from one " company"  to another, and am now in a completely different field - even though the companies are affiliated with each other?" 

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

re: New contract

You are entitled to a contract reflecting your terms and conditions of employment. If you have moved from one company to another you are certainly entitled to it. If they refuse to give this you could complain to the Department of Labour and an Inspector will force them to give you a new contract.

1
Posted by: Labour Lawyer | 2011/06/09

re: New contract

Reply to Labour Lawyer