Posted by: KV | 2009-07-29

New bed partner =>  New sleep problems

Hi there. I have always had problems sleeping - waking up many times, extremely bizarre and frightening nightmares were common etc.. This was the case when before i got married 7 months ago. I was now suddenly sharing a bed with someone else..which i had never done before. So, the frequency of the nightmares have stopped, but now, because I am such a light sleeper, i wake up everytime my hubby rolls over or yanks the blanket - also, he snores, and it kinda scares me. How can i get into a deep enough sleep to ignore his rolling and blanket yanking? I would LOVE to be able to sleep deeply - by natural, non medicated means. Please help...

Expert ImageSleep Expert

Perhaps your husband is the one who needs attention! You need to get to a sleep doctor to try to analyse whether or not you have a medical problem, or just an adaptation problem, or whether your husband is sleeping too lightly. After 7 months you should have been able to adapt.

Posted by: D | 2009-07-31

You go to bed first before he does, so by the time he gets into bed hopefully you will be in dreamland and you wont hear a thing.

Reply to D