Posted by: Sleepy | 2011-06-28

Never refreshed

When i was younger i would sleep(8-9oclock) and wake up exactly at 6am , this was in school years and i always woke up refreshed. Ever since i started working(2 months after matric) i have struggled, my work hours are the same as school times but i really struggle to wake up on time. I am never refreshed after i sleep and feel like i need to sleep more. Now that i am married i try and wake up at 5:30 but i cant seem to do it , i sleep at around 11pm and wake up 2-3 times to use the loo. Why am i not refreshed after i sleep ? Why do i want more sleep ?

Expert ImageSleep Expert

Someone is going to have to sit down with you and analyse your sleep patterns. Generally speaking, if you are not refreshed by sleep, it means you are either getting too little sleep, or else your sleep quality is poor.

In order to sort this out and correct the problem, you will need to see a sleep doctor. It is likely that s/he will send you for sleep tests, which will allow an accurate determination of exactly what needs attention.

Posted by: Lorin | 2011-08-10

That''s relaly thinking out of the box. Thanks!

Reply to Lorin