Question
Posted by: meagan | 2011-08-22

never really gets better

Hi CS,
I am currently on Lexamil, have been for 3 years, I have down days, and good days, but I when I have good days, I know that it wont last, and there is no point in getting used to it. It seems that I constantly need something to look forward to, otherwise life is just one big, never ending black hole. I have a shrink, but I am a totally different person when I see her, we talk about my future and stuff, and I put on this mask that I am content, and moving forward, meanwhile Im just staying in one place, wishing days away at work so I can go home and sleep. I have a very short attantion span, and need constant challenges to keep me intersted in my job. When Im down,it seems that it gives me some weird comfort to feel this way, because its familiar, although I am getting tired of it now.
Please help

Sounds like you also have a strong habit of thinkibng negatively, so even when there are good days, you convince yourself that they won't last. This is where CBT counselling can help a lot.
Stop cheating yourself and your shrink by faking it when you see her. Be honest and frank. You are sabotaging yourself ; and sticking with an unpleasant state of being because you're scared to try being better

5
Posted by: asd | 2011-09-28

At Laughter please -|- off and die!!!

Reply to asd
Posted by: Laughter | 2011-08-22

You must understand that the only reason that you need something to look forward to is because you have seen the darkness of life. Everyone looks forward to life, but if you have seen the evil of life then you will naturally doubt your future, seeing as all you have had is evil, according to what you have experienced and how you have defined it in your mind. Remember the mind never forgets.

Consider this: -

And he spake a parable unto them to this end, that men ought always to pray, and not to faint 
(2) Saying, There was in a city a judge, which feared not God, neither regarded man:
(3) And there was a widow in that city  and she came unto him, saying, Avenge me of mine adversary.
(4) And he would not for a while: but afterward he said within himself, Though I fear not God, nor regard man 
(5) Yet because this widow troubleth me, I will avenge her, lest by her continual coming she weary me.
(6) And the Lord said, Hear what the unjust judge saith.
(7) And shall not God avenge his own elect, which cry day and night unto him, though he bear long with them?
(8) I tell you that he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?

SO theres a judge elected to judge but he is WICKED, even he seeks justice for those who weary him, how much more can we expect from GOD?

*this text is copywrited and owned by Hades and Yama, Hades is death and Yama is the King of Hell any transgressions need to be paid in full to both Hades and Yama, because death and hell have more faith than most people walking the earth*

Reply to Laughter
Posted by: meagan | 2011-08-22

Thanks for the support gus, I will have to get my act together!

Reply to meagan
Posted by: Caro | 2011-08-22

You need to confess this to your shrink otherwise you are wasting your money and time.
I hope you feel better soon but in the meantime why dont you make your life a little more exciting by doing a scuba-diving course or pottery or something interesting. Some of us just need more of an adrenalin rush to get through life. I know I do.

Reply to Caro