Question
Posted by: JT | 2010/09/01

Never happy with what I''ve got, never content

Hi there,

I have come to realise that I am just never happy with what I''ve got in life.
To give you one example: I thought that I would be happy if my b/friend proposes... just to find out that I am still not happy and that I want something or someone else to make me happy now.
I feel that I want to be single again... until I''m single, then I want someone in my life again - I know the drill... it always happens.

I suppose that I must make myself happy and can''t rely on anything or anyone to make me happy.... but how do I do it?
How do I make myself happy?

Or do I have commitment issues.. or both?
Maybe I am just not made to be with one person... maybe I can''t unconditionally love another person.

I am always interested in someone else when I am in a relationship... is it maybe because I want to find someone else in the hope that he can make me happy because I realise that my current b/friend can''t? or I am just a born cheater (even though I don''t physically cheat)? Does it even make sense?

I am so confused! Please help!

Thank you.

So, "I never know what I dotn't want, until I get it"? Ideal problem for CBT, Cognitive-Behaviour Therapy, which is designed to challenge and change such maladaptive bad habits of thought and deed.
Maybe it should be more about not making yourself unhappy, than on making yourself happy ?
Reminds me of my avourite song title : "I started out with nothing ; and I've still got most of it left".

2

Posted by: MrAppropriateTiming | 2010/09/01

I have climbed the highest mountains
I have run through the fields
Only to be with you
Only to be with you

I have run, I have crawled
I have scaled these city walls
These city walls
Only to be with you

But I still haven''t found
What I''m looking for
But I still haven''t found
What I''m looking for

I have kissed honey lips
Felt the healing in her fingertips
It burned like fire
This burning desire

I have spoke with the tongue of angels
I have held the hand of a devil
It was warm in the night
I was cold as a stone

But I still haven''t found
]
What I''m looking for
But I still haven''t found
What I''m looking for

I believe in the Kingdom Come
Then all the colors will bleed into one
Bleed into one
But yes, I''m still running

You broke the bonds
And you loosed the chains
Carried the cross of my shame
Of my shame, you know I believe it

But I still haven''t found
What I''m looking for
But I still haven''t found
What I''m looking for

But I still haven''t found
What I''m looking for
But I still haven''t found
What I''m looking for

Reply to MrAppropriateTiming