Question
Posted by: Shanna | 2009-08-03

Never Ending back pain

I was diagnosed early in the year with Bi-Lateral facet Joint Degeneration in T2 - T7.
Weeks of Phyiotherapy and months of medication did nothing to relieve the pain so a decision was made to do Cortisone injections into the spine under CT scan. This was done in March without anaesthetic. 4 Injections were given in to the right side of the spine. Two weeks later they attempted to do the left side but were unable to due to a curviture in the spine that did not allow them to get the needle in. I have had no relief to date.
In fact at the moment the pain is worse than ever.
Is there any kind of natural pain relief I could try ?
I must mention that I am a 50 year old very well- controlled Diabetic on insulin. The cortisone proved to be a nightmare to my blood sugar levels and I do not want to have the procedure done again as is being recommended by the Orthopaedic Specialist.

Expert ImageArchive

Hello Shanna,
Your back is complex and requires thorough evaluation and treatment by your local osteopath to allow help your body heal itself naturally. Injections and tablets never treat the cause of a problem, they just try and contain it or minimize symptoms. Other considerations by your osteopath will be the maintaining factors such as posture, exercise and stress. Fo, more information on osteopathy visit www.osteogoodhealth.com

Dr Guy Ashburner Osteopath