Posted by: WR | 2009-10-08

Neutered Male Still Mating/Tie-ing with female

Hi there,

How is it possible that a neutered male Dachsie still mates &  ties with the female? He was sterilized about 3 months ago. Friend' s dog - and this is the first time I heard of this.

Dear WR

Neutered males can still mount and try to matebut seldom have a 'tie.'

Posted by: Big dog lover | 2009-10-08

Are u sure that his testicles have actually been removed? Might sound like a stupid question but many years ago the place I worked 4 had a Ridgeback, the boss who was also a farmer decided to " knip"  him. Using a special pliers the sperm tube is severed inside the scrotum without a cut or removing his testicles. They do this a lot with sheep + goats. Well although the Ridgeback couldn' t father any more pups, when the Rottie at work came on heat he used to mate with her just like a normal mating with the tie, but no pups ever came of this. It certainly did not dampen his sex drive with a bitch on heat. Maybee the same was done to the Dashie.

Reply to Big dog lover