Question
Posted by: Anonymous | 2009/10/21

Neutered male

Hi Cybervet,
My neighbour found her male kitten at 3 months in the bush next to our complex. She adopted him and had him neutered at 6 months. He dissappeard for a day and was told by someone who has had many male cats that even if they are neutered, if there is a female on heat they still respond and go looking for her. I would have thought if males are neutered this would eliminate roaming for mates. Is this true?
thanks

Dear Anon

Without testicles most cats will be happy to stay close to home and eat.

2
Posted by: Cat Lady | 2009/10/21

Hiow long ago was he neutered? If only a few weeks or so ago the testestorone still has to work its way out its body. I had a cat which came here out of the blue, bulied all my cats, had him neutered and it took him another 3 months before he calmed down. (He never left by the way and became the sweetest lapcat you could ask for.) It is mating time!

Reply to Cat Lady
Posted by: Cybervet | 2009/10/21

Dear Anon

Reply to Cybervet