Question
Posted by: Madie | 2012/04/25

Neuropsychologist

Hi I would like to know if you could direct me to where to find a neuropsychologist in Pretoria.....seems as this profession is well known overseas but unfamiliar in South Africa?

Its sadly not practical for us to keep track of who practices where, or of their specialities, let alone qualities. There may also be some people practising as a psychologist ( as the neuropsychology sub-type isn't one that would be listed ), so you might need to ask when calling their offices, if they practice that sub-speciality ot can recommend someone who does.
Also be able to explain WHY you need one, in the sense of what sort of service you require - a medico-legal report ( not all will be prepared to do that ) or clinical advice, or whatever

3
Posted by: Elton Bloye | 2012/05/23

Please google the SA Clinical Neuropsychological Association (SACNA) for a list of qualifed neuropsychologists in Gauteng. Regards, Elton Bloye (SACNA Regional Chair)

Reply to Elton Bloye
Posted by: Sanet | 2012/04/25

I kinow none in Pretoria, needed to see one to 3 years ago. But, I was referred to one in Keptom Park at the Arwyp Clinic, not far away. Can''t remeber her name or surname though. But contact them, they will know. She was very thorough, just a bit lazy with the report

Reply to Sanet