Question
Posted by: Pat | 2009-05-04

Neurobion &  Mercilon

Dear Doc,

I' m a 32 year old with 2 children (6 &  2) I went for my anual check up at my Gynae because lately out of the blue I have been feeling really tired, depressed (cry about anything) aggressive and short tempered and at times unreasonable with my children. My Gynae suggested doing a hormonal test to see if all is in order I did and everything is fine. I am on mercilon and my Gynae says it' s too weak for me and advised that he may change me to a stronger one. He didn' t land up doing this, the only thing he presribed is " Neurobion"  Why would you think he do this?And also what do you think about the Mercilon pill as my GP once prescribed it and I have been on it ever since, he doesn' t rate it at all, although I have felt fine on it for 8 years (on and off to fall pregnant )...Up until now that is.

Thank you for your comments
Patricia

Neurobion is a vitamin tablet. Vitamin B6 sometimes helps for hormonal mood swings. If you have been on Mercilon for many years with no problems, it is unlikely that this is what is causing the mood changes. Perhaps look at stress factors in your environment.