Question
Posted by: Layla | 2008/09/16

Nervous swallowing ruining my life.

It may sound trivial but for a number of years I have experienced a problem of not being able to stop swallowing in intimate situations. The person I am with may not notice at first but when they do it exasibates the compulsion to have to do it. I literally can' t stop doing it and end up feeling very foolish. This makes me and whoever I' m with feel akward and is becoming a real obstacle in progressing in a romantic relationship.

SOunds like one of a whole range of annoying habits some of us develop and which arise when we feel stressed. A CBNT Cognitive-Behaviour Therapist is best placed to assess this, and to help you to learn both how to unlearn the habit, and how to adopt better ways of handiling stress and intimacy.