Question
Posted by: Francois | 2011/05/27

nervous ridgebacks

I have 2 ridgebacks, 2.5 yrs, both quite nervous / scared of people. They were never beaten as far as i know. The bitch is a fairly good guard-dog but the male never barks, only runs away from people. What to do?

Expert ImageDog Behaviour Expert

Hi Francois, nice to hear from you. It is so sad when you see a dog with fear like this. Ridgebacks do tend to be more bonded with their family and rather stand offish with other people, but this sounds a lot more extreme than normal. I would really suggest that you get somebody in that does both TTouch and behaviour modification as soon as you can. A situation like yours can be helped but not, unfortunately on a forum, too in-depth. Please do contact me and let me know where you stay and i will endeavour to put you in touch with somebody i know in your area. Thanks Scotty

1
Posted by: Dog Behaviour Expert | 2011/05/30

Reply to Dog Behaviour Expert