Question
Posted by: Anon!01 | 2010-11-29

nerve replacement

Hi doc
when my husband was born the doctor had to break his shoulder to get him out, this resulted in his right arm developing much slower, he has alot of constant pain in his back behind his shoulder blade and his muscels down his arm havent develeoped as fast, he also has limited sensation in that arm.
while he can still use it at the moment he is afraid he will loose use as he ages.

we suspect that a nerve is being pinched or was damaged with the birth shoulder break, is it possible to take a nerve from a place in the body that is not used as much and fit it in the damaged nerves place in his shoulder so that he has a better quality of use of that arm?

Expert ImageChiroDoc

I do not know of any successful Neural transplants in such a case - best would be to consult a Neurologist on such a possibility.

1
Posted by: Sunny | 2011-02-02

Dear Doc, I''ve had a two-level spinal fusion in 1998 but since 2007 have been suffering from constant burning pain in my lower back. In 2008 I had a Rhizotomy which did not make a significant difference for too long...the pain is so bad I cannot live a quality life, do not sleep well, cannot sit, stand or walk for too long. Desperate, please advice! Thanking you!

Reply to Sunny