Question
Posted by: mariam | 2008/09/04

nephroticsyndrome.

Please help - I need to know what foods a two year old is able to eat with nephroticsyndrome.

Dear Mariam
Because of the seriousness of your child's condition and the fact that it is vital to keep a careful check on protein, sodium and potassium intakes, I would urge you to consult a clinical dietitian (visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: www.adsa.org.za and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area). The dietitian will have to work out an individual diet prescription for your child that takes all his or her special needs into account. This is not something I can do for you over the Internet and because each patient, especially a young child, has different needs, I can also not give you general guidelines.
Please contact a dietitian so that your child can get the maximum benefit from his or her diet.