Question
Posted by: Leana Botha | 2012/03/19

Nephrotic syndrome

I would like to know how servere is Nephrotic Syndrome if it is resistant? What does it do to my body and why is it in some cases necessary for chemotherapy? Is it dangerous if the 24H U-Total protein in my body is 24.39 g/24hr?

Your urgent response will be so much appreciated

Leana

Nephrotic syndrome is due to a non-spesific disease process of the kidneys, where large amounts of protein is lost in the urine. You will have to consult a nephrologist. Prognosis depends on many factors, like the cause for nephrotic syndrome.

Refer to the following link for detailed information: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nephrotic_syndrome