Question
Posted by: jenny | 2009-04-17

neostrata glycolic acid peel

Morning expert. I am considering getting a glycolic acid peel once a month, but i am scared that this will thin my skin as ive heard that a chemical peel can thin your skin.
Can you please explain what are the pro' s of this peel and will it be good for my skin to do this once a month? I am 26 years old.
Another thing - i am getting fine lines around my eyes - is there a neostrata product you can recommend for use around my eyes?

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Jenny, thank you for the question.

NeoStrata glycolic acid peels have been shown with numerous independent medical studies to have the following benefits:

Skin thickness increases (by up to 25%) due to collagen and elastin stimulation
Removal of the dead outer layer known as the stratum corneum
Stimulation of increased cell turnover and fibroblast activation
Increased hydration and production of GAG’s
Further information can be obtained on my web page: www.aestheticfacialenhancement.co.za (type glycolic acid peels in the search function).

I would consider using the Bionic Eye Cream but my advice is to try a sample first.