Posted by: me | 2009-07-26

Goodday, (I posted this question, changing the brand name)

Please can you recommed a daily NESTRATA facial routine for someone with a combination skin AND ALSO sensitve. I want a hydrated, glowing skin, if possible. I get the occasional dry red patches, especially winter time. My cheek area is try and forward is normal.

Appreciate the advise

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Me, thank you for the question.

This is a difficult question to answer over the net as ideally one would like to examine the skin first.
Considering that you have a combination skin one would need to consider a product range that caters for the oiliness and has the ability to moisturize. Typically an oily skin is associated with increased number of pores and pore size, and this can be addressed with the use of alphahydroxy acids such as glycolic acid. The second concern is that you describe your skin as being sensitive but this has a number of causes: inflammatory conditions such as dermatitis and eczema, Rosacea, xerosis, etc. Your first step in your topical regime is a good SPF (50 or higher that contains zinc oxide and/or titanium dioxide) such as Heliocare Gel SPF 50 (oil free). My advice would be to try samples from both ranges (NeoStrata and Environ) before purchasing the products to ensure no reactions take place:
Oil Control Gel, Oil Free Gel SPF 15, Bionic Face Cream, Renewal Cream, & Clarifying Cleanser
Sebuwash, Dermalac Lotion, and the Debut Range of moisturizers