Question
Posted by: Charmaine | 2011/09/21

Neighbour''s dogs barking when alone

My neighbour''s dogs are quiet when their owners are around, but the minute they are alone the bark constantly.

Expert ImageDog Behaviour Expert

Hi Charmaine, it sounds like your neighbours dog is suffering from seperation anxiety. I would suggest having a nice word with your neighbours about this and perhaps they can leave the dogs inside. If it is seperation anxiety it is likely to get worse with the dog being destructive as well. This is a behaviour concern that needs to be dealt with by an expert, so suggest to them they call in someobody to help.
If they are not willing to listen then I would suggest you contact the municipality and ask what you can do about this - there are laws but i dont have details of them. Thanks Scotty

1
Posted by: Dog Behaviour Expert | 2011/09/21

Reply to Dog Behaviour Expert