Question
Posted by: Stephan | 2009-06-08

Neighbours dogs barking

I read the newsclip with interest, and hope Pretoria will follow in Cape Town' s footsteps.

The real question was however not answered - What can one do to get the neighbour' s dogs to stop barking?

Dear Stephan

Take legal action.

3
Posted by: Chill | 2009-06-09

I' d like to see you fit an anti-bark collar on the neighbours'  dog...

Also, the Cape Town bye-law isn' t through yet, it' s only a proposal, and the last proposal was rejected... we' ll see what happens.

I agree that the best thing is to talk to the people, and if that doesn' t help, ask the cops to talk to them. The police have the power to issue warnings, and even spot fines, depending on the circumstances. At the very least, should this not help, you' ll have established evidence that you have tried to address the problem.

Good luck. I' m a dog-lover (duh!) and my dogs do bark at times - but NEVER at night, and never for long - it' s profoundly irritating when people permit their dogs to be a nuisance like this.

Reply to Chill

there are anti-bark products that you can investigate further. Google anti-bark collars (you get static correction ones or citronella options), or even an ultrasonic outdoor bark control unit.

Posted by: Ian | 2009-06-08

Try speaking 2 them first + if this does not work then lodge a complaint with the police. Some people don' t seem 2 hear their own dogs bark while the barking irritates others. I had a neighbour whose 2 Border Collies used 2 lie right outside her bedroom window + bark every night. It didn' t bother her but irritated the hell out of me. I complained but to no avail + eventually I turned the hose pipe on them. This eventually shut them up + after a week the barking stopped.

Reply to Ian