Question
Posted by: Jolene | 2009/09/17

Neighbourhood Cats

Hi Doc &  Forum Friends

I have a problem that is driving me up the wall. It seems that my house has become the " it spot"  for the neighbourhood cats. My front door gets " marked"  every single day and last night when we got home at about 22:00 you just saw cats running away (5 cats).

I have a female spayed cat, she is about three years old and I had her spayed at about 6 months. I can not dare to leave a window open for her during the day, because the cats come in and spray all over my house. So my poor cat either has to be locked inside or outside.

We had have new neigbours who moved in about 3 months ago with a male cat ( not neuterd) and he started it, we caught him in our house one night and I chucked him in the swimming pool. We saw him a few times after that, but we havent seen him in a while, so I dont know if he is still around....

A big thing is also that my next door Neighbor is complaing about the fithing and noise at night ( we both have dogs) and he has treatend to poison the cats.

I' m so scared it happens to my cat.

Any idea why my house has become the " it"  spot and what I can do to make it " kitty - un- cool"  again.

Jolene

Dear Jolene

Simple Solutions make a very good cat repellent. I would also suggest that you get the local SPCA involved and have all the un-neutered cats neutered. That is you best chance of getting rid of the problem.

2
Posted by: sandra | 2009/09/22

My male neutered cat, about a year is disturbing my sleep. He stays out till early hours and then cries for hours at my bedroom door.He also has this kneading habit. Please help  am I doing something wrong?

Reply to sandra
Posted by: sandra | 2009/09/22

Reply to sandra