Question
Posted by: LBee | 2010/01/15

Negative results. Am I pregnant? HELP!

Hi there...

I think I' m pregnant - but have had negative responses to 4 pregnancy tests - two I took during the day, two first thing in the morning, over a period of 4 days this week.
This is how I got to the conclusion that I may be pregnant:
I have extremely regular periods - always on the 4th of the month - here and there maybe on the 3rd. In December I got my period on the 4th as usual and it lasted about 5 days.
Then on the 29th of December I had light bleeding and thought it could perhaps be my period starting early - but it only lasted 1 day.
About a week before that, I had really sensitive breasts, but that subsided.
For the weeks following my ' spotting'  I have been nauseous almost all day (but have never vomitted), I am extremely thirsty, I have hot flushes, I wee a lot, I am hungry on and off, I feel bloated, I' ve had discharge on and off (which I generally never have) and have had a few dizzy spells.
Hence me taking home pregnancy tests - but all negative.
Does this sound at all like I may be pregnant? Am I testing too early? How long should I wait to expect a positive result if I am pregnant?
I have started taking a folic acid supplement every day for the last week, just in case I am pregnant...
Any similar experiences or advice is really welcomed.
Thanks,
L x

If you were pregnant the tests should be positive by now. You may have a cyst or hormone imbalance causing your symptoms. I would suggest that you see your droctor.

2

Posted by: Bob | 2010/01/15

You should test 4 weeks after your last menustruation.

Reply to Bob