Posted by: Need help | 2010-02-10

Extremely negative people at work can really affect your health. I found that out now. They are able to drain all your energy out of you if you let it. I am at a point that I am so unhappy and do not know what to do. We work in a small work space and have a very negative co-worker who has a lot of attitude. How do I not let this get to me? Should I completely ignore her and be rude? I dont know how to address this?

Expert ImageWorkplace health expert

Advice to ignore is easy but we all know that it is impossible, rather take a big breath, sit down with the colleague and make your feeling known,assertively. Dependant on the office dynamics a group session may also be needed. Although it is impossible to ignore one must not let others influence our emotional space. This space belongs to you. Treasure and preserve it.