Posted by: Charmy | 2009-03-09

Negative HPT and late period?

I took a home pregnancy test yesterday, which I think was 14dpo, but it came out negative. I don' t understand it, becasue I had unprotected sex wjile ovulating, roughly day 14 / 15 of my cycle, and today I am already one day late.

I have had sore breasts for the past week, so I assumed my period was on its way, but nothing yet. The way I see it, I would only have tender breasts if I am either about to have my period, or if I am indeed pregnant.

Also, surely it' s not possible to ovulate and then not have a period?

When should I test again?

Firstly, you may have tested too early. You could retest in 3-4 days. Secondly, one day late for a period is not very significant as periods can vary by a few days.

Posted by: s | 2009-03-09

hpt doubles every 72 hrs, so it is better to try again after 72hrs cuz u also don' t want to waste money on pregnancy tests.

Reply to s