Question
Posted by: T | 2011-08-15

Negative blood test

Good day Doctor,
Is it possible to have a negative blood HCG test at approximately 14dpo and still be pregnant - this was in June. I am saying approximately because I think my ovulation was delayed by a day or so. I did not take any further pregnancy tests as I was told the blood test was negative. I have however continued to have pregnancy symptoms, incl frequent urination, light headedness, larger breasts and occasional nausea.

Please advise.

Dear T

It is quite possible that you could be pregnant if you had ovulated a few days later than expected. I would suggest that repeat another pregnancy test if it still negative then unfortunately a pregnancy has not occurred.

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

1
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2011-08-25

Dear T

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

Reply to Fertility expert