Posted by: KARI | 2009-04-24

needling procedure for Calc Tendonitis

Hi doctor

I had a needling procedure done about a month ago and am experiencing what seems like muscular pain in the shoulder, it has its good and bad days but can be quite sore at times. I ahve been taking muscle relaxants, which sometimes work.
How long does it take for recovery after this procedure?

Expert ImageShoulder Doc

Dear Kari,

There is no rule after the needling procedure: some patients are bettet very soon and others take much longer. Unfortunately needlling is not successful in every single patient. By this time you should have a new X-ray to check if the calcium has absorbed at all. You may look at our website for more information about the conition:

Dr Joe de Beer