Question

Needlestick injury - Dizene

My fiance was injecting the beef cattle at the farm he works at when the cow kicked back and the needle went into his pinky. The medicine was Dizene. His pinky is very tender along the sides still after a week having passed since the injury. Should I be worried?

Dear Anonymous
If the pinky is swollen (i.e. he can't bend it), it is red and warm or painful when he bends it, and the pain shoots up into the hand and arm, he needs to see a doctor, as he may have sellulitis ( infection of the tissue or tendon) and may need antibiotics. In the mean time you can put Voltaren jel on