Posted by: NEELTJE | 2011-01-13

I have been, for the past three weeks, experiencing needles and pins and my hands, arms and sometimes in my toes for no apparent reason. It is worse in my right arm and especially when I sleep my hands go completely numb. I am obese.
I have gained almost 10 kilos in 6 weeks time, could it be caused by the weight I gained, bloodsugar or maybe a nerve?

Expert ImageEating Disorders Expert

Hello Neeltje,
Your question falls outside of my domain and could be a number of things. We are not allowed to make a diagnosis on these forums, so i will be cautious to even hint here. I suggest you consult with your general practitioner as a start and see if referral to a specialist is necessary.