Question
Posted by: GarrettBaker | 2010/09/03

needing to lose 60-70 pounds

I am 6''''4"    and weigh about 280 pounds. I have recently started a new diet consisting of only drinking isopure for breakfast and lunch then having about 500-600 additional calories for dinner. so I am taking in about 1100 calories all day. I do not feel tired or dizzy by only taking these few of calories but I am hearing that it is unhealthy. Is there anything else I can do to promote this weight loss? I am losing weight at about 4-5 pounds a week

Dear Garrett
Your present BMI = 34,1 which is in the obese range so it would be excellent if you can lose weight. To get back into the normal range you would need to weigh 205 lb, thus a loss of 76 lb. Because you have so much weight to lose, it is permissible that you use a very-low-energy diet for your initial phase. I would just feel happier if you were under the supervision of a registered dietitian. If you live in South Africa (?) visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: www.adsa.org.za and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area. The dietitian will be able to monitor your progress and prescribe vitamin and mineral supplements if necessary. She/he will also assist you at the stage when your weightloss may slow down because the human body always starts to resist being on a semi-starvation diet. At that stage, the dietitian may suggest that you switch over the a slightly higher energy intake combined with moderate exercise.
So use this programme which is obviously working for you, but please do consult a dietitian.

2
Posted by: GarrettBaker | 2010/09/04

I live in the US. And thank you for the info

Reply to GarrettBaker

Dear Garrett