Question
Posted by: garrettdbaker | 2010/09/02

Needing to lose 60-70 pounds.

I am 6''4"  and weigh about 280 pounds. I have recently started a new diet consisting of only drinking isopure for breakfast and lunch then having about 500-600 additional calories for dinner. so I am taking in about 1100 calories all day. I do not feel tired or dizzy by only taking these few of calories but I am hearing that it is unhealthy. Is there anything else I can do to promote this weight loss? I am losing weight at about 4-5 pounds a week

Expert ImageEating Disorders Expert

Hi there,
I am not sure if you are aware, but there is another forum "DietDoc", which might be more appropriate for your question. It sounds like you are looking for dietary advice, rather than querying and eating disorder. If you are concerned about your eating habits or feel uncomfortable about your relationship with food, detail that to me in a new question and I will respond to you. In the mean time, cut and paste your question to the DietDoc. Your weight and height place you in the obese category, so losing weight is advisable, but be careful to do so in a sensible manner. I am personally cautious about supplements and milkshake diets and prefer the idea of getting into a long-term moderated way of eating and exercising that is sustainable. That way, you will lose weight gently and ultimately maintain a realistic weight. Most diets that lend to losing weight quickly result in gaining that weight back and more. There are many reasons for this, some psychological and some physiological. But I suggest you start with chatting to the DietDoc and take it from there. Good luck.
Regards,
Graham

1
Posted by: Eating Disorders and Obesity Expert | 2010/09/03

Hi there,
Regards,
Graham

Reply to Eating Disorders and Obesity Expert