Posted by: ciara | 2011-09-27

Needing Help/Assistance

i was exposed to methane gas and carbon monoxide for over nine months at my employment .i started to get sick nausea, and diarrea in the begining, then it bcame light headachs it was only at the store , then it developed where i would sleep alot and had memory problem and heart racing ,and toward the end i woke up with a permant migraine and this type of neuralgia on the leftside of face and head.... i was seeing my doctor the whole time trying too see what was wrong with me i was being misdiagnosed....i took tests too rule out everything ive seen a toxicologist on carbon monoxide....he wants a test done neuropysiclogical workmans comp wont pay ...but i want someone too pay attintion to the gas leaks( furnace blocked,water heater installed improperly total of five leaks on pipes... im pretty sure with the two thats what made this terriable condition i have a nerologist that is treating me but cant say in documentation that it was triggered because he is a intern they dont get in workmans comp....... what can i do can u help me

Expert ImageEnviroHealth expert

Please report this to the Departments of Health and Labour. Also ask our Labour Lawyer:
And our Workplace Health Expert:
Your symptoms sound like they certainly could be due to carbon monoxide; less likely for methane, although you may be suffering from a lower than normal oxygen content in the air. It may be possible that if there are these leaks, you have had exposure to other substances too.