Posted by: January | 2011-01-15

need your professional opinion

Good day Dr.

Would you encourage a woman with a BMI of 15 to go to the gym (3X a week at least)?

actually from a medical and professional standpoint, would you even allow her to go (if you knew she would listen).

I''m torn. i feel the need to go to gym, but i just dont have the motivation. i need to get fit, but i dont want people to make comments.

You are underweight and I suggest that you consult a dietician for a sensible diet. You can go to the gym but focus on muscle building exercises, rather than cardiovascular exercises, as this will cause more weight loss. The exercise might stimulate your appetite, which is a good thing.