Question
Posted by: Mary | 2008/08/25

Need your help urgently

I have 2 children one girl of 8years born from a previous relationship and a boy 2 years from my husband. The problem is my husband dont like my daughter at all he always criticise her he always scream on her hitting her bringing her down in front of other people he loves his son to death will do anything for his son but he always tell my daughter she is not his responsibility and she must move out of the house. Tell me what must i do if i talk to him he starts shouting and screaming she is a nervous wreack around him and she dont like him also my mum want her stay with her but i want i around me my mum is in the cape i am in jhb.Please help i am thinking of taking my children an moving out

If he is hitting the girl, that is child abuse and should be reported to the child welfar authorities. And he must be made to realize, by the authorities if necessary, that when he married you he in effect married your daughter, too, and can't evade responsibility for her happiness and well-bring --- and what kind of man needs to blame a little girl for the problems for which he should take responsibility ? He doesn't deserve ither of you, and you must act so as to protect yourself and the children. A counrt is likely to take his bad behaviour seriously, and should probably give custody of both children to you, and require him to pay maintenance for them,

5
Posted by: Cosira | 2008/08/26

Why women tend to chose men over their own children is beyond me. Why have you let this go on for so long, you should never in a million years let any one come between you and your children. Your hubby’ s behavior may have severe psychological effects on your daughter, so please do something about this before it is too late or your daughter will never forgive you later in life. She will blame you for not protecting her when you should have. If you can live with that and yourself then you should stay with that horrible monster you call your husband.

A penny for my thoughts!

Reply to Cosira
Posted by: Cosira | 2008/08/26

A penny for my thoughts!

Reply to Cosira
Posted by: Cosira | 2008/08/26

A penny for my thoughts!

Reply to Cosira
Posted by: Bella | 2008/08/25

I don’ t mean to come across harsh here, but you need to get your act together. Your children are your first priority, and you need to do what is in the best interest for your children , specifically your daughter. It is shocking that you have allowed it to get this far, do not allow it to continue!

Reply to Bella
Posted by: Tango | 2008/08/25

You are in the same situation I was in many many years ago. I left him and divorced him and lived happily ever after with my children. That was 22 years ago and the three of us have been happy and I raised two well balanced and well educated children - now self supporting adults. He will destroy your daughter.

Reply to Tango