Question
Posted by: Primo | 2009/11/02

Need to stop smoking

I have tried numerous times to stop smoking.
I cannot afford these expensive treatments and I get vey moody if I do not smoke.
What can I use?

Hallo Primo
You may need to consider doing a stop smoking program like Alan Carr. It takes up to 10 days for the nicotine to work out of your system. It is better to cut down to 5 sigarettes per day before you try to stop smoking as it is very difficult to stop from 20-30 per day. When you stop, get a buddy to support you and help you when you feel like smoking. Avoid coffee and chocolates and coke while you try to stop smoking as it makes it more difficult - you can drink rooibos tea, decaf coffee and diet coke. Buy some dried prunes and eat one when you feel like smoking - keep the pip in your mouth to keep your mouth busy ( if you eat sweets you will pick up weight)Drink lots of water and fresh fruit juice and hang in there for 7-10 days, then you should be over the worst. Be prepared to have flu like symptoms, moodiness and you may have some stomach symptoms too..
dr Bets

2
Posted by: Pieter | 2009/11/02

Have you tried Cold Turky ,

I stopped cold turky more that 2 years ago, after smoking for more than 20 years.

I woke up one Monday morning and just didnt light up.Drank water by the liters and ate fruit by the tons. I made a point to always have water handy, and whenever the craving for a smoke was there I took a sip.

Believe me, if you can get over the first week, it just gets eaier from there.

Go and have a read on this site, Whyquit dot com. I realy did help me.

Good luck and let me know of your progress to a healthier lifestyle.

Just for the record , I went from an overweight 100 kg smoker to a healthy 90 kg non smoker who took up running as a sport.

Reply to Pieter
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2009/11/02

Hallo Primo
dr Bets

Reply to cyberdoc