Question
Posted by: Wide awake | 2011-01-09

Need to sleep

I have been on Adco-Zolpidem for 7 months now, If I don''t take the tablet at night I get severe panic attacks, it feels like a heart attack, so now I am so scared of the possible symptoms that I just take the tablet everynight (for the past 7 months) How do I get off these tables without having these panic attacks and to get some sleep. Even if I take the tables, I only go to bed at 1am, and then need to wake up at 5:30am, which is not helping but at least I am getting 4.5 hours sleep at night. I am so scared to not take it, that I start to panic when I cant find them. Please, please help, I dont want to depend on this forever, and just want to be normal again.

Expert ImageSleep Expert

Your problem sounds like a panic disorder, which should really be treated by a psychiatrist. The zolpidem will help to an extent, but is not the best solution. Ask your doctor to refer you to a psychiatrist.

1
Posted by: Sleep expert | 2011-01-10

Reply to Sleep expert