Question
Posted by: Serendipity | 2011/09/06

need to see someone

i think i urgently need to see a psychologist for the first time in 32 years, problem is i am a single mom and absolutely cannot afford it. is there any way someone like me can have access to psychologists for better rates? im in the Jeffreysbay area. my problems stems down since i was about 6, includes eg 2 divorces as a child, thee different people molesting me for years, a miscarriage, divorce of my own, abusive husband, and now im a mom with a two year old little angel and i am so scared if i dont deal with my issues, i will pass them on to her. i fell pregnant with a man that now doenst want anything to do with her,.

We can't, unfortunately, keep track on shrinks and their rates ( or quality of service ).
Theoretically, your nearest major state / provincial hospital should be able to provide an adequate psychological service. And maybe try calling a national group like FAMSA, which may have a branch near you, and may know of counsellors within reach of you, and roughly what they may charge. Its sounds like you truly deserve the assistance of a good therapist, and I hope you soon find one.

1