Question
Posted by: Nicky | 2010/03/17

Need to make decision

I have a difficult decision to make. Im a bookkeeper and currently working in a very stressful invironment. i am trying to fall pregnant for 2 years already and the gynae said that there is no problem. I decided to resign because i thought mabe its the stress? I can currnetly get a halfday job , more relaxed, but less money. Can stress really make me not fall pregnant? what if i take the job and it dont help? I am so confuse.

Dear Nicky

Stress is a very subjective diagnosis and I would certainly not subscribe directly to the cause and effect relationship between stress and infertility in all instances. I would advise a very careful and detailed gynaecological evaluation as well as a sperm analysis to rule out more likely causes of fertility problems. If stress was a major player then in some ways ovulation would be affected and this should be diagnosed fairly readily. Should this be the only problem then perhaps a careful look at stress management should be valuable, in my option this is more likely to be the exception than the rule.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

3
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2010/03/19

Dear Nicky

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

Reply to Fertility expert
Posted by: Dee | 2010/03/18

I think getting to a good fertility specialist would be more benficial than resigning. If your problem is poor sperm or a physical issue such as blocked tubes then no amount of " relaxing"  is going to help.

Reply to Dee
Posted by: Oom Piet | 2010/03/17

Hi Nicky

Stress could have an effect on you. There is however people that fall pregnant in high stress enviroments.

I have a couple of questions to ask you:
What tests did your doctor do?
Did he/she give you any medication or things to do to try and increase your chances?
How do you cope emotionally?
Which area are you from?

Me and my wife was on this journey as well and we would like to support you as much as we can. You are welcom to email us at infertiliteit at pvr dot co dot za. We would like to journey with you.

Reply to Oom Piet