Question
Posted by: Chrisna Els | 2010/10/04

Need to lose weight my knees is giving in

I can''t exsercise because of my problems with my knees. I am also far from town so I can not follow a specific diet . So how do you lose weight on this way of living.

Dear Chrisna
Despite the fact that you live far from town you can still plan carefully to purchase foods that are not high in fat so that you can apply the principles of a low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss', ‘Balanced diet’ and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet). Exercises that could be done if you are having problems with your knees, include cycling and swimming. If there is no place near where you live where you can swim (including a farm dam!), then you may have to purchase a stationary bicycle when next you come to town. Give it a try before your problem becomes insurmountable.

2
Posted by: C | 2010/10/04

Try to walk for about 30-60 mins per day

Reply to C

Dear Chrisna