Question
Posted by: Beez | 2009-09-22

need to lose weight and breastfeeding

Please advice on a healthy balanced diet while breastfeeding and trying to lose weight at the same time...

baby is 6 months.

Dear Beez
Congratulations on the birth of your baby. The fact that you are breastfeeding is wonderful and it should help towards weightloss. Because breastfeeding is so important for the first 6 months (if possible), you should not use any strict diets or do excessive exercise that may dry up your milk supply. You can try an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss', ‘Balanced diet’ and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet), but please add 2 more servings of fat-free milk, yoghurt or cottage cheese to the diet every day to ensure that you and baby obtain sufficient calcium (1300 mg per day) for your increased needs. You can do moderate exercise to promote weightloss by, for example, taking baby for a walk every day for about 30 min in the fresh air. Click on 'Diet' at the top of this page and then on "Eating throughout life" and read the article on "Breastfeeding".
Enjoy spending time with your baby

1
Posted by: Crystal | 2009-09-22

Beez you can try Sureslim. I used them when i had my baby 3 years ago. They have very good breastfeeding diet programs for breastfeeding moms with babies from 3 to 6 months 6 to 12 months. I managed to lose 10kg in the 3 months i was with them.

Reply to Crystal