Question
Posted by: mission | 2012/06/18

need to lose weight

hi doc i would like to lose 15 kilos by end of nov ,im female 28 yrs ,156 m tall weigh 74 kilos . i excersize 5 days a week.monday n tuesday i do 140 minutes of cardio (40 min in the morning n 60min in the evening.wed,thur,friday i do 60 min cardio n circuit training . my dailly food intake .b/f - 2 weetbix or cup all bran ,1/2 cup 2%low fat milk.lunch rice ,vegies,chicken /beef or chicken wrap n green salad.supper cup pap ,gravy,any kind of meat.i dont usaully snack but if i do then i eat an apple or low fay yogurt.taking all this into consideration is it possible for me to lose 15 kilos .if not what changes must i make

Dear Mission
If you lose 15 kg, then your BMI will decrease from 30.5 (the obese range) down to 24.3 (the normal range), which would be wonderful for you and your health. The diet you describe and the intensive exercise, should help you lose between 0,5 and 1 kg per week. You have 24 weeks before the end of November or 5,5 months, which should be more than enough time to lose those 15 kg and shape your body. As regards your diet, I think that you would benefit from having 2 additional servings of low-fat or fat-free milk or yoghurt or cottage cheese a day so that you obtain the 1200 mg of calcium you need as an adult woman to prevent brittle bones, esp if you stay on this diet and strenuous exercise programme fro nearly 6 months. Adding some low kJ vegetables is also a good idea - try having at least 1-2 vegies per day and/or fruit to provide vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients to boost your immunity.
Good luck with your mission

2
Posted by: Wow | 2012/06/18

I just want to congratulate you. You seem to be doing so well - and shuuuuu you have a lot of stamina, all that exercise. Just don''t burn yourself out. I can''t imagine what else you can do, you are doing great.

Reply to Wow

Dear Mission
Good luck with your mission