Question
Posted by: NK | 2011-08-26

Need to lose

Hi Doc,
May you please help with these two:
1. confidence diet capsule
2. Herbex age group weight loss (20-40)
I go to the gym, eat healthy i just need a boost, would any of the above help?
Pros and cons please.

Dear NK
I must admit that I have not studied the composition of Confidence Diet Capsules or the Herbex 20-40 yr age group Weightloss product. It is impossible to keep up with all these diet pills and potions that flood the SA market all the time. In general, I am opposed to the use of over-the-counter slimming pills, including herbal products, because they may contain potentially harmful ingredients such as synephrine, guarana, harsh laxatives and diuretics. Click on 'DietnFood' at the top of this page and then on 'Weight Loss' and 'Diet Detective' and compare the ingredients of the products you mention with the lists of slimming pill ingredients to see if they can have negative effects and if they can actually contribute to weightloss. You are already on the right track if you are going to the gym and eating a healthy, low-fat, moderately energy-reduced diet, so I would recommend that you stick to this approach and not expose yourself to potentially harmful compounds. It may take time to lose weight, but if you do regular exercise for at least 30 min a day and eat a 6300 kJ (women) or 8400 kJ (men) diet, then you will achieve steady weightloss.
Take care

1
Posted by: DietDoc | 2011-08-27

Dear NK
Take care