Question
Posted by: carla | 2012/05/03

need to let go of ''issues''

Hi there! I would like to find out what I can do in order to let my " problems"  go? I was sufering from depresion about 10years ago, and I think one of the reasons could have been that I had no one to talk to! I am starting the same routine again, and realy need some one to speak to, however no one seems to want to give a helping hand (ear) or there''s no one I can trust with my problems. I can understand that as every one has they own issues to worry and talk about! Its just I am getting tired of listening to other peoples problems if they don''t even care about yours! Unfortanetly I am not able to go see a shrink, and not sure what I can do to feel better! I can''t seem to speak to my boyfriend of many years as he just starts to change the subject! Writing in a yournal is a big no no, becuase that''s the onlu time people are intrested! Please help?

See a counsellor, preferabl someone using the most proven effective modern method, cognitive-Behaviour Therapy, CBT. This not only gives you someone to talk with, but can teach you to better handle all these issues, to be less unhelpfully sensitive and more effectively able to make friends, and deal with the problems that have been distressing you.
I'm not sure why you say you are not able to see a shrink - a service should be available at your local state / provincial hospital if you don't have medical aid, and with the cost of staying miserable, the cost of private counselling is seriously worth considering.

3
Posted by: JR | 2012/05/03

I dont understand why writing a journal is such a no no? Is it that people snoop or read your journal? Maybe that is a way of getting the attention you need, without actually saying, hey, I also exist.

I found a journal extremely helpful to help sort my feelings out and get things in perspective. I also like pasting inspirational pictures, or quotes or just things that make me feel happy in my journal. It is peaceful and very theraputic and I love it. It does not have to be just about feelings, it''s your book that you can put in whatever inspires you.

It is concerning that you cannot speak to your bf. If he loves you, he will surely make time to listen... unless it''s like been there and done that and heard it a million times ( I know, my ex used to do that when I tried to voice my worries and get very cross with me) Maybe you need to ask him why he changes the subject when you try and talk, and tell him that you need him and would really appreciate if he could make time to listen.

Reply to JR