Posted by: Reece | 2009-02-22

Need to know ASAP

Hi.Please help me understand. Can myoma cause ectopic pregnancy and will it affect fertility post salpingectomy? What other cures are there for intramural myoma besides surgery and if any, will it affect fertility or bring about recurrent ectopic preg or miscarriage? Help please? I' m going out of my mind.

Dear Reece

It is quiet possible that a myoma can cause an ectopic pregnancy if it is located very close to the fallopian tube opening in the uterus. It is also a well-known fact that the presence of myomas does increase your chances of miscarriages. Myomas general do not affect fertility or may not cause recurrent ectopic pregnancies unless they are occluding both fallopian tubes, then the chances are of a similar problem. there are no other cures for Myomas except surgical removal. Medication such as GnRH analogues can decrease the size of Myomas but once stopping these medications the Myomas tend to start growing back to the original size very quickly again.

Answered by: Dr Y. M. Dasoo

Posted by: Reece | 2009-03-01

Tx doc

Reply to Reece